[Moon, Mare Nubium, 1896 29th September 16h. PMT]
PH-1984-1-LS78-2-42 (Reference Number)
C Box 11
Image of the surface of the moon with details of Mare Nubium, details of surrounding craters visible.
- 83mm x 83mm (support)
- 55mm x 74mm (image)
- No known copyright restrictions (Copyright)
- Digital copy available (Access Notes)
[Moon, Mare Nubium, 1896 29th September 16h. PMT],Wragge, Clement Lindley, 1852-1922, photographer,PH-1984-1-LS78-2-42
- Handwritten in black ink on a white sticker in lower right corner of plate ' X N'
- Nubium 1896 Sept 29th 16h P.M.T Great
- Equatorial [Coude], Paris, Moon's age 22d, 14.1h'
- Handwritten in black ink on white tape at the top of the plate 'The Moon. The Ringed Plains of the Mare
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.