PH-1984-1-LS78-2-53 (Reference Number)
C Box 11
Image of surface of the moon showing details of craters, ridges.
- 83mm x 83mm (support)
- 48mm x 61mm (image)
- No known copyright restrictions (Copyright)
- Digital copy available (Access Notes)
[Moon Surface],Wragge, Clement Lindley, 1852-1922, photographer,1890-1922,PH-1984-1-LS78-2-53
- (in reverse) printed in black on glass 'SOUTH'
- 'COPERNICUS, the [grandest] of the Lunar-Ring plains. Diameter: 50 miles. Height of wall 12,000 feet.
- From a photograph taken by professor G.W [r..] of the Yerkes Observatory. U.S.A.'
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.