Queen Street (East Side) from opposite Windham[sic] Street to above Durham Street.
PH-ALB-299-p6-2 (Reference Number)
Sepia toned image depicting a row of multi storey Victorian-Style shops. Awnings are attached to the fronts of the buildings, extending out into a gravel and dirt street. At the left side of the image is a sign reading 'WHOLESALE WAYTE & BATCER RETAIL
STATIONERS AND BOOKSELLERS.' On the side of the next building to the right is a sign reading 'W.J. YOUNG,
IMPORTER'. At the centre right of the image is a sign reading 'IMPORTERS DRAPERS CLOTHIERS'. A number of carriages are parked in front of the buildings on the street. Some figures can be seen in the carriages and walking nearby. A flagpole and flag is attached to the front of a building to the right side of the picture.
92mmx171mm(image and support)
Queen Street, Auckland City, Auckland. (Place of occurrence)
Wyndham Street, Auckland City, Auckland. (Place of occurrence)
Albumen silver print
Support: Fibre based paper
- pg 36 of associated red leather 'GUARDIAN
- from 9+10 to Durham St E.
- ASSURANCE COMPANY
- up to Durham St'
- LIMITED' notebook. Handwritten in black ink '11. 12 Queen St E Side
- Side 1 of 'AUCKLAND SAVAGE CLUB' A4 sheet of paper found in back of album. Handwritten in black ink '11+12. Queen St E side. Continuing
- Digital copy available (Access Notes)
Queen Street (East Side) from opposite Windham[sic] Street to above Durham Street.,Unknown, photographer,1860s,PH-ALB-299-p6-2
- Handwritten in pencil to the left of the image 'B10620
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.