Queen Street (East Side) from below Aucklkand Savings Bank to Wellesley Street.
PH-ALB-299-p8-2 (Reference Number)
Black and white image depicting row of buildings of varying height and construction facing onto an empty gravel street. A number of buildings have awnings extending from ground level, covering a footpath. To the left of the image is a double storey weatheboard building with a large sign reading 'ADAMS ROYAL OYSTER SALOON' running across the top of the building. A small group of people can be seen standing on the footpath in front of the building, looking into the windows. A sign at their feet reads 'HOWELL'.
93mmx151mm(image and support)
Queen Street, Auckland City, Auckland. (Place of occurrence)
Wellesley Street, Auckland City, Auckland. (Place of occurrence)
Support: Fibre based paper
- ASSURANCE COMPANY
- pg 35 of associated red leather 'GUARDIAN
- LIMITED' notebook. Handwritten in black ink '16 Queen St E side
- above to Wellesley St'
- from above to Wellesley St'
- Side 1 of 'AUCKLAND SAVAGE CLUB' A4 sheet of paper found in back of album. Handwritten in black ink '16 Queen St E side continuing on the
- Digital copy available (Access Notes)
Queen Street (East Side) from below Aucklkand Savings Bank to Wellesley Street.,Unknown, photographer,1860s,PH-ALB-299-p8-2
- Auckland Savings Bank
- Handwritten in pencil to the left of the image '0'
- from below
- Wellesley Street.'
- Handwritten in pencil to the left of the image '14/'
- 'Neg. no. C87
- Handwritten in blue ink to the left of the image 'Queen Street (East Side)
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.