Princes St West Side- 1850
PH-ALB-299-p20-1 (Reference Number)
Black and white image depicting a row of houses facing onto a wide gravel street. A paved footpath runs in front of the houses . To the left of the image, on the footpath, is a streetlamp. Behind the streetlamp is a single-storey house with a pitched roof and verandah covered by wooden latticing. To the right of this house is a larger double-storey weatherboard house with a large chimney and a wooden fence. Other houses are seen down the street. Text underneath image reads 'PAGE 23
PRINCES STREET- WEST SIDE'
91mmx155mm(image and support)
Princes St, Auckland City, Auckland. (Place of occurrence)
Support: Fibre based paper
- Side 2 of 'AUCKLAND SAVAGE CLUB' A4 sheet of paper found in back of album. Handwritten in black ink '36+37 Princes St W Side
- now the site of Northern Club'
- pg 33 of associated red leather 'GUARDIAN
- between Shortland St + St
- LIMITED' notebook. Handwritten in black ink '39 Repeat of 38'
- ASSURANCE COMPANY
- Digital copy available (Access Notes)
Princes St West Side- 1850,Unknown, photographer,PH-ALB-299-p20-1
- Handwritten in pencil to the left of the image '37/'
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.