Between Chapel and Hobson St
PH-ALB-299-p30-2 (Reference Number)
Image depicting a row of double storey weatherboard buildings facing onto a gravel street. From left to right, the buildings have signs reading 'D.FORT'
DRESSMAKER';'COTTAGE CONTENT';'SPORTSMAN'S HOME
SPIRITS';ENGLISH & COLONIAL
LONDON & BAYER'. A male figure stands on the street outside the building with the 'COTTAGE CONTENT' sign.
92mmx174mm(image and support)
Hobson Street, Auckland City, Auckland. (Place of occurrence)
Federal Street, Auckland City, Auckland. (Place of occurrence)
Albumen silver print
Support: Fibre based paper
- between Vincent St +
- Side 2 of 'AUCKLAND SAVAGE CLUB' A4 sheet of paper found in back of album. Handwritten in black ink '58 Victoria St W South side
- Hobson St'
- between Chapel + Hobson St'
- LIMITED' notebook. Handwritten in pencil '60 Victoria St S
- ASSURANCE COMPANY
- pg 30 of associated red leather 'GUARDIAN
- Digital copy available (Access Notes)
Between Chapel and Hobson St,Unknown, photographer,1860s,PH-ALB-299-p30-2
- Vincent Street now part Federal St, part Vincent St (from 22/9/1932) Cook to Wellesley Sts, also shown as Chapel St around 1882
- Handwritten in pencil to the left of the image 'between Chapel + Hobson St
- Neg.no. C79'
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.