Hobson St between Wellesley St and water
PH-ALB-299-p34-2 (Reference Number)
Image depicting a row of multi storeyed weatherboard buildings facing onto a wide, uneven gravel street. The buildings at the right side of the image are large weatherboard houses with verandahs and wooden fences. Towards the centre of the image is a building with the sign 'A.CRAIG
HOUSE AND SHIP
&.' .The buildings continue down the street, with the ocean visible in the backgorund.
92mmx174mm(image and support)
Hobson Street, Auckland City, Auckland. (Place of occurrence)
Wellesley Street, Auckland City, Auckland (Place of occurrence)
Albumen silver print
Support: Fibre based paper
- Side 2 of 'AUCKLAND SAVAGE CLUB' A4 sheet of paper found in back of album. Handwritten in black ink '66. Hobson St E Side
- ASSURANCE COMPANY
- pg 28 of associated red leather 'GUARDIAN
- between Wyndham + water'
- LIMITED' notebook. Handwritten in pencil '68. Hobson St E Side
- waterfront to Wyndham St.'
- Digital copy available (Access Notes)
Hobson St between Wellesley St and water,Unknown, photographer,1860s,PH-ALB-299-p34-2
- Handwritten in pencil to the left of the image 'Hobson St-
- between Wellesley St
- + water
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.