South Pole Expedition
PH-RES-294 (Reference Number)
1. At the South Pole. L to R. Capt. Oates, Lt. Bowers, Capt. Scott, Dr Wilson, P.O.Evans. Lieut Bowers photo. [p.280]
2. Scott's party at the South Pole. L to R.Wilson (pulling the string). Scott, P.O. Evans, Oates, Bowers. [p.279]
3. Amundsen's tent at the South Pole. L to R. Scott, Oats, Wilson, P.O. Evans. Lieut. Bowers photo.
4. [Four men pulling sledge] L to R. P.O. Evans, Oates, Wilson, Scott. Lieut Bowers photo.
5. Cairn on grave [of Scott, Wilson and Bowers]
Captain Robert Falcon Scott's second expedition to Antartica; the British Antarctic (Terra Nova) Expedition, 1910-1913
Silver gelatin DOP
- Permission to reproduce this image should be sought from Auckland War Memorial Museum and the copyright holder where applicable. (Copyright)
- Request in Library (Access Notes)
South Pole Expedition,1910s,PH-RES-294
Page references refer to Herbert G. Ponting's The Great White South.
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.