[Povi masima, salted beef, production for export]
PH-NEG-SP-2-1806c (Reference Number)
Povi masima, salted beef, production for export. Location unknown. Barrels of meat in salt solution. Carcases hanging behind
Maitland, Gordon.- The Sparrow photograph collection, in Auckland War Memorial Museum News, no39a, August 1989, pp1-2
- All rights reserved (Copyright)
- Digital copy available (Access Notes)
[Povi masima, salted beef, production for export],ca 1953,PH-NEG-SP-2-1806c
- Arthur George William (Bill) Sparrow, 1896-1967, was the founder and manager of S.I.P.
- AIM duplicate negative from cellulose acetate original
- Client: Wilson Meats Limited, live stock and frozen meat buyers and exporters. Head office, Endeans building, Queen Street, Auckland
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.