Audio within product and one off digital experiences should adhere to the below conventions. Audio guides are hosted in the STQRY CMS and are primarily updated and populated by the Digital Experience team with support from STQRY.
Audio in digital interactives
- Ensure you are using the correct icons. (See Icons and Buttons)
- User should not be able to mute audio, the bottom setting of the slider should be low but still audible
- .Consider whether a prompt for the user to put on headphones should be included within the digital experience - this can be covered in visitor market research testing if required.
Audio technical standards
- Audio Peak Levels: Peak audio levels may not rise above -2 dBTP (-2 dbFS) at any point.
- Audio loudness: The audio loudness of a clip will be -24 LKFS.
- Levels and Loudness are to be measured using a loudness meter that is compliant with ITU-R BS.1770-2 or 1770-3.
- AAC audio in H.264 Video (CBR only;no VBR support)
- MP3 audio files as stereo or mono at a 48 kHz or 44 kHz sampling rate (MPEG1/MPE2 Video)
- WAV audio files as stereo or mono (32-bit/96kHz output is supported on all models except the HDx20, HDx10, and AU320)
- Dolby Digital (AC3) 5.1 audio in an MPEG2 or MOV video.