1. By entering the competition or promotion each entrant will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them.
2. Failure to supply all requested personal information at the time of submitting an entry might result in the entry being invalid.
3. No responsibility will be taken for late/lost/misdirected mail/emails, incomplete entries or entries with incorrect postage. Entries will be deemed to be void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
4. Only one entry by text, online, post or email will be accepted per promotion as per the competition advertisement.
5. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable, and cannot be redeemed for cash.
6. All prizes are subject to standard terms and conditions of the company supplying the prizes.
7. Auckland War Memorial Museum is not liable for damage to prizes sent by post or courier.
8. Full details of the prize will be given in writing upon request.
9. Only entries received by the closing date specified in the advertisement will be accepted.
10. Winners will be drawn at Auckland War Memorial Museum, Auckland Domain, New Zealand.
11. Winners will be notified as specified in the advertisement.
12. If the prize winner cannot be contacted within 3 days, at Auckland War Memorial Museum’s decision that winner will forfeit the prize with no right of compensation and the prize will be redrawn.
13. Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, Auckland War Memorial Museum and their employees are not responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the prizes.
14. Entry is open to New Zealand residents only. Employees/volunteers of Auckland War Memorial Museum are not eligible to enter these promotions.
15. The decision of judges in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. By entering the competition, you agree to allow Auckland War Memorial Museum to use your image for promotional, publicity and marketing purposes in relation to and for the duration of the competition.
17. Under the Privacy Act 1993, all individuals have the right to access and correct their personal information by contacting Auckland War Memorial Museum in writing to Visitor Services, Auckland Museum, Private Bag 92018, Victoria Street West, Auckland, 1142, New Zealand.
18. All form information will be retained by Auckland War Memorial Museum and entrants agree to receive the fortnightly what’s on promotional email.
Volume South Music & Art Competition
The following are the rules for entering the Volume South Music & Art Competition. It is important to read the rules and procedures before submitting your song or artwork.
Sending in an entry to the Competition means that you accept these Terms and Conditions. You should check with your parent or guardian that they are happy for you to enter the Competition.
- Entries must follow a music inspired theme.
- Submissions must be the original work of the applicant(s)
- Participation in this competition is free of charge and open to people between the ages of 13 – 25, of every nationality and sex. Work can be submitted either by an individual or by a team. Multiple entries per individual or team are permitted, but each submission must be registered separately.
- This competition is New Zealand wide. No international entries will be accepted
- You own the copyright to your competition entry as its author.
- Videos should be uploaded on YouTube or Vimeo or in a similar platform and a link should be indicated in the submission form of the contest.
- Images should have a JPEG/PNG format and each one must not be bigger in size than 5 MB each, 1200 px on the longest side.
- Any and all prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- Auckland Museum accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize.
- Auckland Museum reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control.
- Artists who submit their work to the Volume South Music & Art Competition agree to the following; That Auckland Museum be granted usage of the chosen artwork for display, marketing and promotional purposes and that usage of that image is limited to any Auckland Museum press releases, event presentations, articles, slide shows, presentations, event materials and for use on the Auckland Museum website.
- No profanity, abusive or explicit content will be tolerated
Four artists will be shortlisted for the music category and will present their songs at Otara’s Music Arts Centre 30th Birthday celebrations on Saturday the 23rd of June. This selection will be done by a jury panel of experts. The winner will be selected by public vote.
Ten artists will be shorlisted for the art category and reproductions of their artwork will be printed by Auckland Museum and displayed at Otara’s Music Arts Centre 30th Birthday celebrations on Saturday the 23rd of June. This selection will be done by a jury panel of experts. The winner will be selected by public vote.