Also known as
WWII 17048 AWMM
Date of birth
1916 Public - Dale - Researcher - 11 October 2017 - Officers' Book, 14th Brigade, N.Z.E.F.I.P.
Place of birth
Dunedin Public - Dale - Researcher - 11 October 2017 - Officers' Book, 14th Brigade, N.Z.E.F.I.P.
Address before enlistment
- WW2 Pre 1941 AWMM 166A Wai-iti Rd., Timaru AWMM
- WW2 Pre 1942 AWMM Wai-iti Rd., Timaru AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
- WW2 Mr. T.R. Elder, 166A Wai-iti Rd., Timaru (f) AWMM
- WW2 Mrs. E.W. Elder, 88 Ranfurly Rd. W., Epsom, Auckland (w) AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Roll of Honour
Remember David Elder by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
- Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force. (1942). Nominal Roll Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force No. 5 (Embarkations from 1st July, 1941 to 30 September, 1941). Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
- Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force. (1945). Nominal Roll Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force No. 9 (Embarkations from 1st July, 1942 to 31st December, 1942). Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.