George Caldwell AWMM
Also known as
WWI 48372 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs L.C. Gibson (mother), care of Mrs Campbell 63 Waipapa Road, Hataitai, Wellington, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 13 October 1917 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Height, Unknown Period AWMM
5 feet 6 1/4 inches AWMM
- Complexion, Unknown Period AWMM
- Eye colour, Unknown Period AWMM
- Hair colour, Unknown Period AWMM
He married in the same year as he embarked, 1917, Anna Louise Crawford Gibson (nee Murray); known as L.C. Gibson.
Commenced duty on 5 March 1917.
Period of Service: New Zealand: 250 days.
Overseas: 1 year 267 days.
Total Service: 2 years 152 days.
The Auckland Museum Library's manuscripts collection holds further papers relating to the war service of Private George C. Gibson. [Ref. MS 544] AWMM
8 April 1952 AWMM
Age 72 AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Birkenhead-Glenfield Cemetery, corner Eskdale and Glenfield Roads, Birkenhead, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM Public Lawn Row A Plot 15 AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember George Caldwell Gibson by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
George Caldwell Gibson
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1918). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume III. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
72: 19 AWMM
- Gibson, George Caldwell. Papers relating to war service, 1918 - 1919. Auckland War Memorial Museum Library. MS 544. AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.