Alexander Murrison AWMM
Also known as
- Alexander Murrison AWMM
- Alex AWMM
WWI 13/404 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Pre 15 August 1914 AWMM Whakatane, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
David Crighton Martin (father), Whakatane, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 16 October 1914 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Hospital Diseases , Wounds, WWI AWMM
Head wound "just above left ear", emergency operation fairly successful; 10 days later further operation for removal of abscess, never fully recovered. AWMM
- Died of wounds, Cause of Death AWMM
Son of David Crighton Martin and Christina Martin
Whilst in Nasrick Military Hospital, Cairo, Egypt he was nursed by Nurse Nancy Cheetham.
Died aged 29 years, 7 months.
Middle name incorrectly spelled in Roll of Honour; Murrison was his grandmother's maiden name. AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Alexander Murrison Martin by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Alexander Murrison Martin
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1914-1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force, Volume I. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
Vol1: 487 AWMM
- Watt, D. Patricia. Biography relating to the life and military career of Alexander Murrison Martin, 1887 - 1916. Auckland War Memorial Museum Library. MS 2002/70. AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2015). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-3). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 2: Includes portrait AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.