Francis Jervois AWMM
Also known as
WWI 54546 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs Sarah Meyer (mother), Cliff Road, Marton, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 13 August 1917 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Son of Johann Christian and Sarah Meyer (nee Osborne) of Mount View, Marton, Rangitikei.
Died in the Battle of the Canal du Nord, France 27September - 1 October 1918.
Text. Family grave memorial, Mount View Cemetery: (Grave 384, Row 11). 'In loving memory of Francis Jervois Meyer, dearly beloved son of Christian and Sarah Meyer killed in action France 29 Sept. 1918 aged 33 years.' AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
- Grevillers (New Zealand) Memorial, Grevillers British Cemetery, Pas-de-Calais, France AWMM
- Family grave memorial, Mount View Cemetery, Marton, New Zealand AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 1 Hall of Memories AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Francis Jervois Meyer by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Francis Jervois Meyer
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1918). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume III. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
70: 18 AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2020). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-5). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 2: Includes portrait AWMM
- Information kindly provided by family AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.