Rupert Cyril AWMM
Also known as
WWI 44943 AWMM
12 June 1886 AWMM AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs Margaret Roberta Moore (wife), C/o Mrs I. Scott, 12 Kingsview Road, Mount Eden, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 31 December 1917 AWMM Married AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Second son of Frederick and Jane Elizabeth Moore, of 1, Boyle Crescent, Park Rd., Auckland; husband of Margaret Roberta Moore (nee Scott), of 8 Kingsview Road, Mt Eden, Auckland.
Educated at Newton East public school and Auckland University College.
First Assistant at Newmarket School before enlistment.
Three sons, brothers: Hector John Moore (42999); Percival Ewart Moore (56122) and Rupert Cyril Moore (44943) kia served in WW1.
Brother inlaw of Arthur Tennyson Scott (12/243) kia; Robert Francis Coghill Scott (10/2482) died of wounds and Charles Edward Scott (57438)
Attended Auckland University College (now the University of Auckland). AWMM
- Family grave memorial, Waikaraka Cemetery, 1 Alfred Street, Onehunga, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
- Family grave memorial, Purewa Cemetery, Meadowbank, Auckland AWMM
- Memorial gates, Mt Eden Normal Primary School,Valley Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
- Newmarket War Memorial, Olympic Park, Newmarket, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
- The Borough of Newmarket War Memorial, Auckland Council Archives AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 1 Hall of Memories AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Rupert Cyril Moore by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Rupert Cyril Moore
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1918). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume III. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
76: 3 AWMM
- A.U.C. roll of honour, 1914 - 1920. MSS & Archives E-2, Special Collections, University of Auckland Libraries and Learning Services. AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.