D'Arce Basil AWMM
Also known as
WWI 6/2050 AWMM
- 28 December 1895 Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra
- 28 December 1895 AWMM AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Unknown AWMM Nelson, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
- William Henry Alborough (father), Waka, Nelson, New Zealand AWMM
- father lived at Wakapuaka, Nelson Public - Peter - Researcher - 5 September 2017 - corrected name of local area
Pre 17 April 1915 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Killed in Action, Cause of Death AWMM
- Height, WWI AWMM
5' 10.5" AWMM
- Weight, WWI AWMM
160 lb AWMM
Son of William Henry and Sarah Jane Alborough, of Wakapuaka, Nelson.
Private Alborough was killed in action on Rhododendron Spur during the August Offensive.
Joined Bn at Gallipoli, 28 July 1915, and posted to 12th Company.
Killed in action, 7 August 1915.
Medals: 1914-15 Star, British War Medal, Victory Medal
Parents: William Henry and Sarah Jane Alborough, Suburban North, Nelson AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Nelson War Memorial, Wakapuaka Roll of Honour Public - Peter - Researcher - 5 September 2017 - audit of all Nelson regional Memorials combined with local historical research
- Chunuk Bair (New Zealand) Memorial, Chunuk Bair Cemetery, Gallipoli, Turkey AWMM
- Nelson Cenotaph, Anzac Park, Nelson Public - Peter - Researcher - 30 October 2018 - on site
Roll of Honour
Remember D'Arce Basil Alborough by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
D'Arce Basil Alborough
Visited Gallipoli August 2014. Very emotional seeing Great Uncle D'arcy name on memorial at Chunuk Bair. He was 18 yrs of age. No grave for him. What a massive waste of lives, allied and Turkish.
Public - Jill Lorraine - Other Relative - 10 May 2015
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1914-1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force, Volume I. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
Vol1: 7 AWMM
- Stowers, R. (2005). Bloody Gallipoli: the New Zealanders' story. Auckland, N.Z.: David Bateman. AWMM
- NZEF Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2015). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-3). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 1: Includes portrait AWMM
|10 May 2015||Jill Lorraine ||Rangiora, New Zealand||Other Relative||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.