Also known as
Victor Ferdinand AWMM
WWI 31583 AWMM
26 July 1896 Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra Hawera
, Taranaki Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Thomas Bischoff (father), Tauhoa, New Zealand AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Died of Disease, Cause of Death AWMM
Died of disease AWMM
- Height, WWI AWMM
5' 6" AWMM
- Weight, WWI AWMM
158 lb AWMM
Victor Bischoff was the son of Thomas and Charlotte Susannah Bischoff, of Crown St., Onehunga, Auckland, New Zealand.
Embarked Wellington, 15 November 1916; disembarked Devonport, England, 29 January 1917, and marched in to Sling Camp.
Admitted to Tidworth Military Hospital, 2 March 1917 (bronch-pneumonia); listed as 'Dangerously Ill', 7 March 1917.
Died, Tidworth Military Hospital, 8 March 1917.
Medal: British War Medal AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Victor Bischoff by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1917). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume II. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
45: 5 AWMM
- NZEF Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2020). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-5). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 4: Includes portrait AWMM
- The Fields of Remembrance Trust: Brothers Field, Auckland Museum (Armistice, 2018) AWMM
- Information kindly provided by family AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.