Also known as
John Wilson AWMM
Vietnam 204287 AWMM
8 February 1926 AWMM AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Pre 8 January 1952 AWMM Tasman Road, Otaki, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mr Duncan Bright Wilson (father), Otaki, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 1 June 1952 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Son of Duncan Bright Wilson (WW1 57286) and Mabel Wilson (nee Driscoll).
His wife, Mrs Jean Wilson served in Regular force as a WRAC.
Last post held in the Army was as Transport Section Commander attached to RNZASC, Papakura.
Cenotaph record initially prepared with the serviceman in 2001 AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
- Hall, C. (2014). No front line : inside stories of New Zealand's Vietnam War. Auckland, New Zealand : Penguin Books. AWMM
- Subritsky, M. (Ed). (1995). The Vietnam scrapbook: The second ANZAC adventure. Papakura, N.Z.: Three Feathers Publishing Co. AWMM
- This record was created from data kindly provided by the New Zealand Ministry for Culture and Heritage. AWMM
- Chamberlain, H. (2013). The New Zealand Korea Roll : honouring those who served in the New Zealand Armed Forces in Korea, 1950-1957. Wellington, N.Z.: Author. AWMM
- Information kindly provided by family AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.