Trooper Public - Lorraine M - Researcher - 5 February 2016 - Military record
Also known as
Tupara Paraki AWMM
WWI 13/886 AWMM
Te Whanau a Apanui & Te Whakatohea Public - Lorraine M - Researcher - 5 February 2016 - Research
Anglican Public - Lorraine M - Researcher - 5 February 2016 - Military record
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Killed in Action, Cause of Death AWMM
- Nov 1915 - TROOPER LINCOLN BLACK, serving with the Auckland Mounted Rifles, & reported to be missing Public - Lorraine M - Researcher - 5 February 2016 - Auckland Star, Volume XLVI, Issue 278, 22 November 1915, Page 8
- Son of John and Mary Black of Otaro, Opotiki AWMM
- Mataamua, first born son of John Black (Ngapuhi, Welsh, Irish) and Matuakore (Mary aka Polly) Black nee Delamere.
Otara River Valley, Opotiki, Eastern Bay of Plenty Public - Mary Sholto - Other Relative - 24 April 2015 - Whanau history and whakapapa.
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Opotiki's War Memorial Public - Lorraine M - Researcher - 5 February 2016 - http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/media/photo/opotiki-war-memorial
- Hill 60 (New Zealand) Memorial, Hill 60 Cemetery, Turkey AWMM
- St Mary's Church Memorial Board, Tikitiki near Rangitukia, East Coast, New Zealand AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 1 Hall of Memories AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Lincoln Black by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Gone but not forgotten.Lest we forget
Public - Jane - Direct descendant - 23 April 2016
E to matou rangatira, tuakana, koroua, matua - e kore koe e warewaretia e matou nga uri whakaheke. Kei a matou tonu koe aa wairua. He aorangi koe, he whetu e arahi tonu ana matou. Ka titiro ake matou ki runga ki a koe, he ahi e whakamahana ana mai; he rama e piataata mai ana. He aroha mutunga kore mou. Na to whanau, au iramutu me au mokopuna, nga tamariki mokopuna a Sholto raua ko Betty Black.
Public - Mary Sholto - Other Relative - 24 April 2015
To my great Uncle Lincoln for whom my dad John Lincoln Black is also named, I never knew you and sadly I never will .....its my loss...it does not prevent us from celebrating your memory glancing to whanau photos on the wall for my reference. ANZAC and particularly this 100th year commemoration of the Gallipoli campaign is a staunch and poignant reminder of yet another families sacrifice for hungry wars that never end .
Our love is eternal Uncle....my Dad, your nephew has now joined you...put your welcoming arms around him for us please.
Public - Paula Lorraine Raututu Black - Other Relative - 21 April 2015
|23 April 2016||Jane||Opotiki||Direct descendant||
|15 May 2015||Allan||Rotorua||Researcher||
|24 April 2015||Mary Sholto||Auckland Aotearoa||Other Relative||
|21 April 2015||Paula Lorraine Raututu Black||Opotiki Bay Of Plenty New Zealand||Other Relative||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.