Also known as
WWI 6/3252 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
34 South Crescent, Christchurch, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
H.G. Blackie (father), 3 Great North Road, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 13 November 1915 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
8 June 1917 AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
- Messines Ridge (New Zealand) Memorial, Messines Ridge British Cemetery, Belgium AWMM
- Remuera Primary School World War One Gates 1914-1918, 25 Dromorne Road, Remuera Auckland 1050 AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 1 Hall of Memories AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Bernard Blackie by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
In memory of my late Uncle Bernard BLACKIE -a loved older brother of my father, Norman BLACKIE.
A hero in our family but we wish he had been spared from the horrors of the Messines Battle.
Never to be forgotten.
Public - Margaret Rose - Self - 7 April 2015
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1914-1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force, Volume I. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
Page No: 59 AWMM
- The Fields of Remembrance Trust: Brothers Field, Auckland Museum (Armistice, 2018) AWMM
|07 April 2015||Margaret Rose||Katikati NZ||Self||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.