Laurence Verdun AWMM
Also known as
- Lawrence AWMM
- Laurie AWMM
- Lockie AWMM
WWII 66847 AWMM
1 June 1917 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
WW2 Unknown AWMM Old Taupiri Road, Ngaruawahia, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
WW2 Mrs J. Stubbing (mother), Old Taupiri Road, Ngaruawahia, New Zealand AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Husband of Nada Florence Priest (Women's Auxiliary Army Corps) they married in 27 April 1946.
His daughter writes "My aunt, Dad's eldest sister was the post mistress at Tokaanu when he was born. She registered him and named him Laurence after a character in the book "Little Women", hoping he would turn out like him, and of course the Verdun, was after the battle of Verdun which ended in December 1916, some 6 months before Dad was born."
He served with the army overseas for 3 years 359 days.
Name spelled as Laurence in family papers and by BDM. Name spelled as Lawrence on the Nominal Roll. AWMM
- My parents married 27 April 1946 in Te Aroha. Public - Linda Gladys - Child - 7 May 2015 - Family records.
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Roll of Honour
Remember Laurence Verdun Stubbing by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Laurence Verdun Stubbing
- Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force. (1942). Nominal Roll Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force No. 5 (Embarkations from 1st July, 1941 to 30 September, 1941). Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
WW2 5: WW2 203 AWMM
- 21 Battalion
(Official history of New Zealand in the Second World War 1939-45) AWMM
Priest, Nada Florence. Papers, 1922 - 1947. Auckland War Memorial Museum Library. MS 2007/3. AWMM
- Veterans' club : the comradeship and memories of Auckland's 21st infantry battalion. Auckland War Memorial Museum : Auckland. Accompanies exhibition held in the Pictorial Gallery, second floor, Auckland War Memorial Museum, 24 March-21 May 2006. AWMM
- 21 New Zealand Infantry Battalion Association Inc. Records, 1955 - 2005. Auckland War Memorial Museum. MS-2008-42. AWMM
|07 May 2015||Linda G.|| New Zealand||Child||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.