Mr Public - Grant - Child - 28 December 2017 - Family history
- James Frank AWMM
- James Frank (Sonny) Public - Grant - Child - 28 December 2017 - Family history
Also known as
Jim Public - Grant - Child - 28 December 2017 - Family history
- Korea 458919 AWMM
- Borneo 458919 AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Husband of Kay, father of Grant, and Jason. Grandfather of Noah. Family source.
Embarked twice for Korea (via Japan).
Section Commander, B Company, Borneo. AWMM
11 June 1992 AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Roll of Honour
Remember James Frank Falconer by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
James Frank Falconer
- Gurr, Robert M. (1995). Voices from a border war : a history of 1 Royal New Zealand Infantry Regiment, 1963 to 1965. Melbourne, Vic.: Robert Gurr. AWMM
- Pugsley, C. (2003). From emergency to confrontation: the New Zealand armed forces in Southeast Asia, 1949-1966. Oxford, England: Oxford University Press. AWMM
- Chamberlain, H. (2013). The New Zealand Korea Roll : honouring those who served in the New Zealand Armed Forces in Korea, 1950-1957. Wellington, N.Z.: Author. AWMM
- H.E. Chamberlain, Nominal Roll – 1 RNZIR, 8 May 1964, in Gurr, Robert. (2009). Voices from a border war: Borneo 1963-1965. 2nd Edition. Christchurch, N.Z.: Wilson Scott Publishing, pp.139-150 AWMM
- Information kindly provided by family AWMM
|23 April 2020||Trudy||Auckland||Other||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.