Colin Astor AWMM
Also known as
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Unknown AWMM 64 Marine Parade, Napier, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mr W. Baynes (father), 20 Root Street, Gisborne, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 5 January 1940 AWMM Single AWMM
Crete, Greece List of 2NZEF POW (MS 2009/8)
- WW2 POW - Stalag VIII-B (later 344), Lamsdorf, Germany 2NZEF, Germany and German occupied territories : imperial prisoners of war alphabetical list : section 4. N.Z. 1945.
Germany, Europe 2NZEF, Germany and German occupied territories : imperial prisoners of war alphabetical list : section 4. N.Z. 1945.
POW liberation details
POW serial number
WWII 5375 AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Roll of Honour
Remember Colin Astor Baynes by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Colin Astor Baynes
Colin was my father and passed away in 1998 inClyde Central Oatgo. He is buried in the Returned Services section of the Wanaka cemetary.
Colin was married to Betty in Oamaru in 1949 and had 2 children, Rex and Lesley.
Betty passed away in May of 1967.
Colin remarried and retired to Wanaka in 1972.
A great dad who is sadly missed..
Public - Rex - Child - 5 December 2015
- Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force. (1941). Nominal Roll Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force No. 1 (Embarkations to 31st March, 1940). Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
WW2 1: WW2 16 AWMM
- List of 2NZEF Prisoners of War. 1941-1945. Auckland War Memorial Museum Library. MS 2009/8. AWMM
- Great Britain Army. (1945). Germany and German occupied territories : imperial prisoners of war alphabetical list : section 4. London, U.K.: Government Printer. AWMM
- Sinclair, D. (1954). 19 Battalion and Armoured Regiment. Wellington, N.Z.: Department of Internal Affairs, War History Branch. AWMM
|05 December 2015||Rex ||Lower Hutt New Zealand||Child||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.