Also known as
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Unknown AWMM 42 Medway Street, Richmond, Christchurch, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs E.T. Calder (mother), 42 Medway Street, Richmond, Christchurch, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 5 January 1940 AWMM Single AWMM
2 January 1942 AWMM
- WW2 POW - Stalag VIII-A, Gorlitz, Germany 2NZEF, Germany and German occupied territories : imperial prisoners of war alphabetical list : section 4. N.Z. 1945.
Germany, Europe 2NZEF, Germany and German occupied territories : imperial prisoners of war alphabetical list : section 4. N.Z. 1945.
POW liberation details
POW serial number
WWII 33191 AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Roll of Honour
Remember Robert Calder by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
- Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force. (1941). Nominal Roll Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force No. 1 (Embarkations to 31st March, 1940). Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
WW2 1: WW2 31 AWMM
- List of 2NZEF Prisoners of War. 1941-1945. Auckland War Memorial Museum Library. MS 2009/8. AWMM
- Great Britain Army. (1945). Germany and German occupied territories : imperial prisoners of war alphabetical list : section 4. London, U.K.: Government Printer. AWMM
- Pringle, D., & Glue, W. (1957). 20 Battalion and Armoured Regiment. Wellington, N.Z.: Department of Internal Affairs, War History Branch. AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.