John Fausett AWMM
Also known as
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Pre 1 September 1939 AWMM Seddon Street, Pukekohe, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mr John Duncan (father), Seddon Street, Pukekohe, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 5 January 1940 AWMM Single AWMM
- WW2 POW - 5th Australian General Hospital, Kokinia AWMM
Corinth, Greece AWMM
23 April 1941 AWMM
Road building AWMM
- WW2 POW - Stalag IX-B HospItal, DIeberg AWMM
- WW2 POW - Stalag IX-C, Mulhausen, Germany AWMM
- WW2 POW - Stalag IX-2/H AWMM
- WW2 POW - Greece List of 2NZEF POW (MS 2009/8)
List of 2NZEF POW (MS 2009/8)
- WW2 POW - Stalag VIII-C, Kunau Kzz Sprottau/Sagan, Germany 2NZEF, Germany and German occupied territories : imperial prisoners of war alphabetical list : section 4. N.Z. 1945.
Germany, Europe 2NZEF, Germany and German occupied territories : imperial prisoners of war alphabetical list : section 4. N.Z. 1945.
WW2 4 April 1945 AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Height, Unknown Period AWMM
5 foot 6 inches AWMM
- Eye colour, Unknown Period AWMM
- Hair colour, Unknown Period AWMM
- Complexion, Unknown Period AWMM
- Hospital Diseases , Wounds, WWII AWMM
Trod on an anti-personnel mine 25 April 1941 - Corinth Hospital, 5th Australian General Hospital, Kokinia, Salonika Hospital, Stalag 1XB Hospital, Dieberg, Stalag 1XC Obermasfield Hospital, then Klostahina Convalescent Hospital. AWMM
- Died from Natural Causes, Cause of Death AWMM
Old age AWMM
John Duncan was the son of Mr John Duncan and Elizabeth Duncan.
Husband of Hilda nee Dunning, married 1 March 1947 at Matakana. Father of a son and a daughter.
Joined the Territorials at age 17.
Promoted to Temporary Corporal 21 April 1941 - 9 May 1945; reverted to Lance Corporal (A. Corporal) 9 May 1945.
Member of the Pukekohe RSA and attended the ANZAC services regularly all his life.
Three brothers served in WW2: John Fausett Duncan (2183), Owen Duncan (448638) and Colin (Frederick Colin) Duncan (3775). AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember John Fausett Duncan by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
John Fausett Duncan
- Cody, J.F. (1961). New Zealand Engineers, Middle East. Wellington, N.Z.: Department of Internal Affairs, War History Branch. AWMM
- List of 2NZEF Prisoners of War. 1941-1945. Auckland War Memorial Museum Library. MS 2009/8. AWMM
- Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force. (1941). Nominal Roll Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force No. 1 (Embarkations to 31st March, 1940). Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
- Great Britain Army. (1945). Germany and German occupied territories : imperial prisoners of war alphabetical list : section 4. London, U.K.: Government Printer. AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.