Frank William AWMM
Also known as
WWI 12687 AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Son of Mr. and Mrs. Alfred William Wiltshire, of Staines, Middlesex, England.
Member of the College Rifles Rugby Football Club
Text of the Memorial plaque, Bank of New Zealand Arcade, Wellington, New Zealand: 'In Memoriam: The names inscribed upon this tablet are those of officers of the Bank of New Zealand who laid down their lives in the Great War AD 1914-1919 waged against the nations of central Europe - Germany, Austria, Turkey and Bulgaria - who sought by force of arms to obtain world-wide dominion. In honour of their patriotism and valour. In admiration of their sacrifice. And in grateful perpetuation of their glorious and ennobling memory this monument is reverently dedicated. Their Name Liveth for Evermore.'
Bank of New Zealand Staff Member. AWMM
10 June 1917 AWMM
Age 23 AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Messiness, Belgium. Public - Paul - Researcher - 22 February 2015 - Friends of in Flanders Fields Museum, Ypres.
Cause of death
La Plus Douve Farm Cemetery, Comines-Warneton, Hainaut, Belgium AWMM IV. E. 7. AWMM
Bank of New Zealand memorial plaque is now located in the bank's Harbour Quays premises in Wellingto Public - Paul - Researcher - 22 February 2015 - Bank of New Zealand Museum, Wellington.
- Memorial plaque, Bank of New Zealand (Officers of the BNZ who laid down their lives in the Great War AD 1914-1919), BNZ Arcade, Wellington, New Zealand AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 1 Hall of Memories AWMM
- Roll of Honour, College Rifles, Rugby Union Football & Sports Club, 33 Haast Street, Remuera, Auckland AWMM
- Pitt Street Methodist Church Roll of Honour, 78 Pitt Street, Auckland 1019 AWMM
- Pitt Street Methodist Church Roll of Honour, 78 Pitt Street, Auckland 1063 AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Frank William Wiltshire by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Frank William Wiltshire
- Bank of New Zealand officers who enlisted for military service in the First World War. Research completed by Paul Hickford (2014-2017). AWMM
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1917). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume II. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
31: 14 AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2020). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-5). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 3: Includes portrait AWMM
|22 February 2015||Paul||West Auckland||Researcher||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.