William Moon AWMM
Also known as
WWI 8/2807 AWMM
3 September 1893 BDM Online
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Unknown AWMM C/o Wynyard, Skelton, and Wilson, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
C.N. Alexander (father), Mangapiko, Te Awamutu, Waikato, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 9 October 1915 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Private Alexander was the son of Charles M. and F. E. Alexander, of Mangapiki, Te Awamutu, Waipa, New Zealand.
He was a Quarter Master Sergeant on embarkation.
Attended Auckland University College (now the University of Auckland). AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 1 Hall of Memories AWMM
- Pirongia Memorial Hall, Pirongia, Waikato, New Zealand AWMM
- Hamilton Memorial Park, Memorial Drive, Hamilton East, 3218 AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember William Moon Alexander by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
William Moon Alexander
My grandmother's brother. Two of her brothers went off to fight. William died. Stewart came home.
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1914-1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force, Volume I. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
Vol1: 9 AWMM
- A.U.C. roll of honour, 1914 - 1920. MSS & Archives E-2, Special Collections, University of Auckland Libraries and Learning Services. AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.