POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Height, Unknown Period AWMM
5 foot 9 inches AWMM
- Weight, Unknown Period AWMM
144 pounds AWMM
- Eye colour, Unknown Period AWMM
- Hair colour, Unknown Period AWMM
- Killed in Action, Cause of Death AWMM
- Eldest son of Louisa Jane Seddon, and of Right Honorable Richard John Seddon, P.C., LL.D., Prime Minister of New Zealand from 1893 to 1906.
He held a commission in the South African Campaign.
He is remembered on his father's memorial at the Bolton Street Cemtery in Wellington AWMM
- For more information about Dick Seddon, and his mother's attempt to have his body returned to New Zealand after the war, see my website about the history of Old St Paul's. There is a brass memorial to him there. See: https://osphistory.org/2016/04/24/memorial-for-a-much-loved-son/ Public - Elizabeth - Researcher - 15 March 2017 - Military file and other research, see website for further details.
- Memorial plaque, Old St Paul's Church, Mulgrave Street, Wellington, New Zealand AWMM
- Family grave memorial, Bolton Street Cemetery, Wellington, New Zealand AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Richard John Spotswood Seddon by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Richard John Spotswood Seddon
Thank you for your contribution, courage and sacrifice in the Boer War and WWI. I have visited your grave twice in Hebuterne Military Cemetery and left a wreath (2005 and 2008). RIP. Lest we Forget.
Public - Margaret Ann - Other relative - 7 November 2018
Good guy. did some stuff
Public - Raina - Researcher - 11 May 2018
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume IV. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
80: 3 AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2015). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-3). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 1: Includes portrait AWMM
- Stowers, R. (2009). Rough riders at war : history of New Zealand's involvement in the Anglo-Boer War 1899-1902 and information on all members of the 10 New Zealand contingents. Hamilton, N.Z.: R. Stowers. AWMM
|07 November 2018||Margaret Ann||Bullyard, Bundaberg, Qld Australia||Other relative||
|11 May 2018||Raina||Auckland, New Zealand||Researcher||
|15 March 2017||Elizabeth||New Zealand||Researcher||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.