Also known as
WWI 13/963A AWMM
14 July 1892 Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra Wigan
, England Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Unknown AWMM Ngaruawahia, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
R. Alker (brother), Glen Massey, Waikato, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 14 February 1915 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Killed in Action, Cause of Death AWMM
- Height, WWI AWMM
5' 5.5" AWMM
- Weight, WWI AWMM
138 lb AWMM
Brother of Mr. J. W. Alker, of Beerescourt, Frankton.
Trooper Alker was killed in action during the August Offensive.
Embarked Wellington, 14 February 1915; disembarked Suez, 27 March 1915.
Missing since 8 August 1915.
Court of Enquiry, held at Serapeum, Egypt, 4 April 1916, declared him 'dead at the Dardanelles'.
Medals: 1914-15 Star, British War Medal, Victory Medal
Brother: Mr J.W. Alker, Beerescourt, Frankton AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
- Chunuk Bair (New Zealand) Memorial, Chunuk Bair Cemetery, Gallipoli, Turkey AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 1 Hall of Memories AWMM
- Hamilton Memorial Park, Memorial Drive, Hamilton East, 3219 AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Edward Alker by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1914-1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force, Volume I. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
Vol1: 9 AWMM
- NZEF Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra AWMM
|25 April 2018||Barry ||Taumarunui ||Other relative||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.