Kenneth Alan AWMM
Also known as
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Unknown AWMM C/o New Zealand Newspapers Limited, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs L. Blakey (mother), 79 Campbell Road, Onehunga, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
List of 2NZEF POW (MS 2009/8)
- WW2 POW - Salonike, Greece - VIII-B Lamsdorf, Germany 2NZEF, Germany and German occupied territories : imperial prisoners of war alphabetical list : section 4. N.Z. 1945.
Germany, Europe 2NZEF, Germany and German occupied territories : imperial prisoners of war alphabetical list : section 4. N.Z. 1945.
POW liberation details
POW serial number
WWII 4149 AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Roll of Honour
Remember Kenneth Alan Blakey by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Kenneth Alan Blakey
GAVE NO HINT
Public - Allison - Researcher - 9 November 2017
AUCKLAND PRISONER ESCAPES FROM GERMANS
AUCKLAND STAR, VOLUME LXXVI, ISSUE 169, 19 JULY 1945, P. 4.
Astonishing adventures, contrasting sharply with the meek and mild tone of lettercards written at more or less regular intervals by Private K. A. Blakey, of Onehunga, from Stalag 18A, are related in two air lettercards received by a colleague in the Star Office to-day. Prior to enlisting in the Second Echelon, Private Blakey was assistant to the commercial editor of the Star.
Since being taken prisoner of war in Greece in 1941, Private Blakey has to some extent misled journalistic friends bv writing optimistic letters of an "all-is-well" type, scouting the idea that he was in any sort of trouble, other than being behind barbed wire, and he even indicated that he was on "matey" terms with elderly German guards, who were not indoctrinated with Hitlerian ideas. There were one o
- Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force. (1941). Nominal Roll Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force No. 2 (Embarkations to 30th June, 1940). Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
WW2 2: WW2 20 AWMM
- List of 2NZEF Prisoners of War. 1941-1945. Auckland War Memorial Museum Library. MS 2009/8. AWMM
- Great Britain Army. (1945). Germany and German occupied territories : imperial prisoners of war alphabetical list : section 4. London, U.K.: Government Printer. AWMM
- Veterans' club : the comradeship and memories of Auckland's 21st infantry battalion. Auckland War Memorial Museum : Auckland. Accompanies exhibition held in the Pictorial Gallery, second floor, Auckland War Memorial Museum, 24 March-21 May 2006. AWMM
- 21 New Zealand Infantry Battalion Association Inc. Records, 1955 - 2005. Auckland War Memorial Museum. MS-2008-42. AWMM
- 21 Battalion
(Official history of New Zealand in the Second World War 1939-45) AWMM
|09 November 2017||Allison||Auckland, NZ||Researcher||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.