Reginald William AWMM
Also known as
WWI 2/2730 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs P. Jane Skeen (mother), 52 Islington Street, Ponsonby, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Son of Mr. and Mrs. Ben Skeen.
Text of the Memorial plaque, Bank of New Zealand Arcade, Wellington, New Zealand: 'In Memoriam: The names inscribed upon this tablet are those of officers of the Bank of New Zealand who laid down their lives in the Great War AD 1914-1919 waged against the nations of central Europe - Germany, Austria, Turkey and Bulgaria - who sought by force of arms to obtain world-wide dominion. In honour of their patriotism and valour. In admiration of their sacrifice. And in grateful perpetuation of their glorious and ennobling memory this monument is reverently dedicated. Their Name Liveth for Evermore.'
Bank of New Zealand Staff Member. AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Canadian Cemetery No. 2, Canadian National Vimy Memorial Park, Neuville-St. Vaast, Pas de Calais, France AWMM 10. C. 12. AWMM
- Memorial plaque, Bank of New Zealand (Officers of the BNZ who laid down their lives in the Great War AD 1914-1919), BNZ Arcade, Wellington, New Zealand AWMM
- All Saints Church, 284 Ponsonby Road, Ponsonby Auckland 1011 AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 1 Hall of Memories AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Reginald William Skeen by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Reginald William Skeen
- Bank of New Zealand officers who enlisted for military service in the First World War. Research completed by Paul Hickford (2014-2017). AWMM
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1917). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume II. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
21: 35 AWMM
|29 April 2017||Janis Rosme||Kaiwaka, Northland||Direct descendant||
|28 April 2017||Siobhann||New Zealand||Other relative||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.