Allan Richard AWMM
Also known as
WWI 1297 AWMM
1892 AWMM AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
WW1 John William Bailey (father), Twiston', Dominion Road, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Son of Mr John William and Mrs Mary Jane Bailey, of 'Twiston', Dominion Road, Auckland.
Two sons, brothers Henry Irwin Bailey (10073) and Allan Richard Bailey (1297) were killed in WW1.
Listed as Reserves by New Zealand World War I service personnel and reserves index Version 2.
Attended Auckland University College (now the University of Auckland). Member of the College Rifles Rugby Football Club. AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 1 Hall of Memories AWMM
- Roll of Honour, St Alban's, Dominion Road, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
- Memorial font, St Alban's, Dominion Road, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Allan Richard Bailey by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Allan Richard Bailey
I am your oldest brother's youngest daughter. Dad was very proud of you and Henry. I was born in 1950, many years after you were killed in the First World War. My father, William John Bailey, was luckier than you and Henry. He was in the Merchant Navy, his ship came into port in England and he bumped into a friend of his who was the Captain of another ship. 'Bill' he said 'I need a good engineer, I will have you transferred to my ship.' This he did and dads old ship went out to fight, was sunk and all hands were lost. I don't remember the name of that ship. So dad and Arthur survived the War, you and Henry did not. i would have liked to have known you.
Public - Suzanne Jane - Other Relative - 25 April 2015
- New Zealand World War I service personnel and reserves index [electronic resource] (Rev. ed.). (2005). Auckland, N.Z.: St Johns Branch New Zealand Society of Genealogists. AWMM
- A.U.C. roll of honour, 1914 - 1920. MSS & Archives E-2, Special Collections, University of Auckland Libraries and Learning Services. AWMM
- The Fields of Remembrance Trust: Brothers Field, Auckland Museum (Armistice, 2018) AWMM
|09 July 2016||Peter||Auckland NZ||Researcher||
|25 April 2015||Suzanne Jane ||Whangarei N.Z.||Other Relative||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.