Eric Oliver AWMM
Also known as
WWI 8/1391A AWMM
14 July 1893 Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra Dunedin
, Otago Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Unknown AWMM Gordon Road, Mosgiel, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
J. Allan (father), care of Agricultural Department, Palmerston North, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 14 February 1915 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Killed in Action, Cause of Death AWMM
- Height, WWI AWMM
5' 9" AWMM
- Weight, WWI AWMM
126 lb AWMM
Son of James and Janet Allan, of 49 Wilson St, Hawera.
Native of Taieri, Otago.
Sergeant Allan had two brothers who also served in World War 1: 17/256 Trooper James Reginald Allan, New Zealand Veterinary Corps, and 8/3 Private Lindsay Allan, Otago Infantry Battalion. Private Allan was also at Gallipoli.
Medals: 1914-15 Star, British War Medal, Victory Medal
Parents: James and Janet Allan, 49 Wilson Street, Hawera. Native of Taieri, Otago AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Eric Oliver Allan by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Eric Oliver Allan
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1914-1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force, Volume I. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
Vol1: 9 AWMM
- Stowers, R. (2005). Bloody Gallipoli: the New Zealanders' story. Auckland, N.Z.: David Bateman. AWMM
- NZEF Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2015). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-3). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 1: Includes portrait AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.