Walter Alexander AWMM
Also known as
WWI 31766 AWMM
20 December 1890 AWMM AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
WW1 Mrs J. Tilsley (mother), 191 Hobson Street, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Son of Mrs. J. Tilsley, of 191, Hobson St., Auckland,
Brother of Robert Tilsley (12/472) who also served in World War I. AWMM
- Rotorua War Memorial (World War 1) AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 1 Hall of Memories AWMM
- listed as Pte W A Tilsley on WWI Memorial St Matthew in the City, Auckland Public - Helen - 11 October 2018 - Church memorial
Roll of Honour
Remember Walter Alexander Tilsley by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Walter Alexander Tilsley
We often talk about you Walter, particularly when we are in Rotorua. My son has the same second name as you, given as a tribute. We will particularly be thinking of you on the 100th anniversary - 28 March 2018.
Public - Keri - Other relative - 10 January 2018
Love from your great-niece.
Dear Walter, this is your great great niece Eva Tilsley. I wish I have could met you, we talk and think about you a lot and we will always remember you.
Love Eva xxx ooo
Public - Eva - Direct descendant - 14 September 2016
Walter we ovbiously never met but I will be wearing your medals with pride on Anzac Day. You may be in Heavan but you are not forgotten. Pete Tilsley
Public - Peter - Other relative - 23 April 2016
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1917). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume II. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
45: 25 AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2015). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-3). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 2: Includes portrait AWMM
|10 January 2018||Keri||Auckland||Other relative||
|14 September 2016||Eva||Queenstown new zealand||Direct descendant||
|23 April 2016||Peter||Auckland NZ||Other relative||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.