26 January 1884 Military personnel file Ross
, West Coast Military personnel file
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Abraham Absolum (father), Cambridge, New Zealand AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Private Absolum was the son of Abraham and Georgjean Absolum, of Battery Rd., Napier. He was born at Ross, Greymouth.
Text of the Memorial plaque, Bank of New Zealand Arcade, Wellington, New Zealand: 'In Memoriam: The names inscribed upon this tablet are those of officers of the Bank of New Zealand who laid down their lives in the Great War AD 1914-1919 waged against the nations of central Europe - Germany, Austria, Turkey and Bulgaria - who sought by force of arms to obtain world-wide dominion. In honour of their patriotism and valour. In admiration of their sacrifice. And in grateful perpetuation of their glorious and ennobling memory this monument is reverently dedicated. Their Name Liveth for Evermore.'
Bank of New Zealand Staff Member. AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
- Grevillers (New Zealand) Memorial, Grevillers British Cemetery, Pas-de-Calais, France AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 1 Hall of Memories AWMM
- Memorial plaque, Bank of New Zealand (Officers of the BNZ who laid down their lives in the Great War AD 1914-1919), BNZ Arcade, Wellington, New Zealand AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Norman William Leslie Absolum by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Norman William Leslie Absolum
- Bank of New Zealand officers who enlisted for military service in the First World War. Research completed by Paul Hickford (2014-2017). AWMM
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1918). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume III. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
62: 26 AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.