Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Unknown AWMM Tuakau, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
James L. Young (father), care of Henderson and McFarlane, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 16 October 1914 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Son of James Lyle Young and Mary Stringer Young, of "Terawynia," Bridge St., Homebush, New South Wales, Australia.
He attended King's College, Auckland, from 1902-07. The College Roll of Honour names him as Charles Edward Lyle Young.
Sergeant Young was part of the New Zealand force which took part in the Anzac Landing at Gallipoli.
The Kings College Roll of Honour names him as Charles Edward Lyle Young. AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
- Lone Pine Memorial, Lone Pine Cemetery, Anzac, Turkey AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 1 Hall of Memories AWMM
- Roll of Honour, Tuakau, WW1, 1914 - 1918, Tuakau Memorial Hall, George Street, Tuakau, Waikato, New Zealand AWMM
- Tuakau War Memorial, Tuakau Services Cemetery, corner of Alexandra Redoubt Road and Roberts Road, Tuakau, Waikato, New Zealand AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Charles Edmund Lyle Young by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Charles Edmund Lyle Young
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1914-1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force, Volume I. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
Vol1: 806 AWMM
- King's College, Auckland. (1918). King's College, Auckland : the Great War, 1914-18. Auckland, N.Z.: The College. AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2015). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-3). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 1: Includes portrait AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.