POW liberation details
POW serial number
Roll of Honour
Remember George Kingi Hoerara by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
George Kingi Hoerara
Uncle George Kingi Hoerara was my mother`s younger sibling. He was born and bred at a small settlement, 3 kilometers north of Te Araroa called Horoera and his exact birth place was at a small inlet called Maruhou. Every year on ANZAC day I celebrate your life, May you RIP uncle, always remembered and loved by your whanau.
Public - Taiheke - Other Relative - 1 April 2015
- Newman, K. (Ed.). 1995. The ANZAC Battalion. Swanbourne, W.A.: John Burridge Military Antiques. AWMM
- Subritsky, M. (Ed). (1995). The Vietnam scrapbook: The second ANZAC adventure. Papakura, N.Z.: Three Feathers Publishing Co. AWMM
- Gurr, Robert M. (1995). Voices from a border war : a history of 1 Royal New Zealand Infantry Regiment, 1963 to 1965. Melbourne, Vic.: Robert Gurr. AWMM
- Pugsley, C. (2003). From emergency to confrontation: the New Zealand armed forces in Southeast Asia, 1949-1966. Oxford, England: Oxford University Press. AWMM
- H.E. Chamberlain, Nominal Roll – 1 RNZIR, 8 May 1964, in Gurr, Robert. (2009). Voices from a border war: Borneo 1963-1965. 2nd Edition. Christchurch, N.Z.: Wilson Scott Publishing, pp.139-150 AWMM
- H.E. Chamberlain, Nominal Roll – 1 RNZIR, 18 May-1 October 1965, in Gurr, Robert. (2009). Voices from a border war: Borneo 1963-1965. 2nd Edition. Christchurch, N.Z.: Wilson Scott Publishing, pp.151-156 AWMM
|01 April 2015||Taiheke||Gisborne, New Zealand||Other Relative||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.