Frank Litton AWMM
Also known as
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Unknown AWMM R.D. Te Poi, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs E.I. Abbott (wife), 65 Ladies Mile, Ellerslie, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 15 September 1941 AWMM Married AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Frank Abbott was the son of John and Gladys Eleanor Abbott; husband of Edith Isobel Abbott of Remuera, Auckland.
Attended King's College where he was a member of St John's House from 1931-35.
He was a school prefect, a rugby XV and Cricket XI member.
Member of College Rifles Rugby Football Club
He was wounded in Tunisia, he rejoined his unit before it moved on. AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 2 Hall of Memories AWMM
- Roll of Honour, College Rifles, Rugby Union Football & Sports Club, 33 Haast Street, Remuera, Auckland AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Frank Litton Abbott by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Frank Litton Abbott
On behalf of my Nana Molly and Dad Gary, with love to Frank for his sacrifice for his family and country.
Public - Nicole - Direct descendant - 21 October 2018
- Auckland Museum. Roll of Honour, Auckland Province, 1939 - 1945. Auckland War Memorial Museum Library. MS 93/139. AWMM
- Cooke, P. (2001). Defending New Zealand: ramparts on the sea 1840-1950s. Wellington, N.Z.: Defence of New Zealand Study Group. AWMM
- Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force. (1942). Nominal Roll Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force No. 5 (Embarkations from 1st July, 1941 to 30 September, 1941). Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
WW2 5: WW2 5 AWMM
- The King's collegian AWMM
Collegian 1943, p.30 AWMM
- 21 Battalion
(Official history of New Zealand in the Second World War 1939-45) AWMM
|21 October 2018||Nicole||Auckland||Direct descendant||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.