Also known as
WWII 29480 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
WW2 12 Queens Avenue, Hamilton, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
WW2 Mrs V. Absolum (mother), 12 Queens Avenue, Hamilton, New Zealand AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Graham Absolum was the son of Hubert Graham Absolum and Violet Beatrice May Absolum of Napier, Hawke's Bay.
Private Absolum was orderly to [http://www.archway.archives.govt.nz/ViewFullItem.do?code=20524708
Captain Henry Hall McDonald (23612)], who was also killed in the skirmish.
Reference is made to Graham Absolum in the collection of letters written by Richard McGregor Murray (25704) and published by the family. AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 2 Hall of Memories AWMM
- Hamilton War Memorial Park, Memorial Drive, Hamilton East 3216 AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Graham Absolum by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
- Auckland Museum. Roll of Honour, Auckland Province, 1939 - 1945. Auckland War Memorial Museum Library. MS 93/139. AWMM
- Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force. (1941). Nominal Roll Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force No. 3 (Embarkations from 1st July, 1940 to 31st March, 1941). Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
WW2 3: WW2 5 AWMM
- Burdon, R. (1959). 24 Battalion. Wellington, N.Z.: Department of Internal Affairs, War History Branch. AWMM
- Fortune, G. & Bebich, M. (2008). Citizenship and remembrance : a history of the 24 NZ Infantry Battalion Association. Auckland, N.Z.: Polygraphia. AWMM
- Murray, R.M. "My dearest Mum and Dad" : letters from a World War II Gunner. Auckland, N.Z.: The Author? AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.