Harold Lissaman AWMM
Also known as
South African 127 AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Height, Unknown Period AWMM
5 foot 6.5 inches AWMM
- Weight, Unknown Period AWMM
10 stone 4 pounds AWMM
- Killed in Action, Cause of Death AWMM
Lieutenant Dickinson was among the charge led by Captain Maddocks on New Zealand Hill, Cape Colony.
He is recorded as being 5 ft 6 1/2 inches tall and wearing size 4 boots.
Kings Medal; 1901, 1902 clasps Kimberley, Paadeburg, Driefontein, Johannesburg, Diamond Hill. Originally buried on Langverwacht Farm AWMM
- Ranfurly Veterans' Home, 539 Mount Albert Road, Three Kings, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
- Memorial clock, Ranfurly Veterans' Home, 539 Mount Albert Road, Three Kings, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
- Langverwacht Hill Memorial, Langverwacht Farm (near Vrede), Orange Free State, South Africa AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, South African War Memorial 1899 - 1902 AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Harold Lissaman Dickinson by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Harold Lissaman Dickinson
- Stowers, R. (2002). Rough Riders at War: history of New Zealand's involvement in the Anglo-Boer war 1899-1902 and information on all members of the ten New Zealand contingents. Author: Hamilton, N.Z. AWMM
- Appendix to the Journals of the House of Representatives of New Zealand. AWMM
1900. H.6. Nominal Roll AWMM
- Bulletin (New Zealand. Army. New Zealand Mounted Rifles, First) AWMM
Bulletin (NZ Mounted Rifles, First). No. 54 AWMM
- St Clair Inglis, A. (c1902). Souvenir Album of the first New Zealand Contingent South African War. Auckland, N.Z.: Arthur Cleave & Co. AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.