Ernest Henry AWMM
Also known as
- WWII NZ416079 AWMM
- WWII 416079 AWMM
- WWII 416079 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
WW2 Mrs H. Wing, Ohaupo, (aunt), New Zealand AWMM
Pre 16 September 1942 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Height, Unknown Period AWMM
5 feet 6 1/2 inches AWMM
- Eye colour, Unknown Period AWMM
- Hair colour, Unknown Period AWMM
Dark Brown AWMM
- Complexion, Unknown Period AWMM
- Killed in Action, Cause of Death AWMM
Ernest Behrent was the son of Henry Ernest and Elizabeth Behrent.
Parents separated when he was about 4 or 5 years old, and after a short period living with his grandmother, was brought up by his aunt and uncle Mr & Mrs T. Wing at their Ngahinapouri farm.
Educated at Hamilton Technical High School.
Awarded his Flying Badge in June 1942
Sergeant : September 1942
Flight Sergeant : 1 June 1943
Barrass, M.B. (2001- 2008). Web site: Air of Authority - A History of RAF Organisation. "Squadrons numbered in the 400 series were technically units of the RCAF, RAAF and RNZAF, but their members were placed under the operational control of the RAF and are usually considered to be part of the RAF's organisational structure". URL: http://www.rafweb.org/Sqn485-490.htm AWMM
- Runnymede Memorial, Surrey, United Kingdom AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 2 Hall of Memories AWMM
- Hamilton War Memorial Park, Memorial Drive, Hamilton East 3216 AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Ernest Henry Behrent by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Ernest Henry Behrent
- Martyn, E. (1998-2008). For Your Tomorrow (Vols. 1-3). Christchurch, N.Z.: Volplane Press. AWMM
- Information kindly provided by family AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.