Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Unknown AWMM 1 Hart Road, Takapuna, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs Bessie Kathleen Bomford (mother), 1 Hart Road, Takapuna, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Son of Dr William Harold Bomford L.R.C.S.I., L.R.C.P.I., and of Bessie Kathleen Bomford, of Takapuna, Auckland, New Zealand B.Sc.
Two sons, brothers John Hamilton Bomford (NZ413808) and Stephen Robert William Bomford (38205) died in WW2.
Remembered on the Takapuna War Memorial, The Strand, Takapuna.
Named R.R.W. Blomford on the Takapuna War Memorial AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 2 Hall of Memories AWMM
- Takapuna War Memorial, The Strand, Takapuna, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
- Takapuna War Memorial, (ex RSA Roll, on a boulder), The Strand, Takapuna, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
- Takapuna Grammar School War Memorial, (Foyer, Library), 210 Lake Road, Takapuna, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Stephen Robert William Bomford by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Stephen Robert William Bomford
- Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force. (1941). Nominal Roll Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force No. 3 (Embarkations from 1st July, 1940 to 31st March, 1941). Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
WW2 3: WW2 45 AWMM
- Auckland Museum. Roll of Honour, Auckland Province, 1939 - 1945. Auckland War Memorial Museum Library. MS 93/139. AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.