Also known as
WWI 22/22 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Unknown AWMM Palmerston North Hospital, Palmerston North, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs M.G. Crook, College Street West, Palmerston North, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 8 April 1915 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Mabel Crook's uniform and medals are held at the Queen Elizabeth II War Memorial Museum.
Serial Number is recorded as 22/13 on Nominal Roll, 22/22 on Archives New Zealand AWMM
- Mabel Crook is my great aunt. Mabel's sister Madeleine Crook is my great grandmother.
Mabel Crook, born 22 Jan 1887, Upper Hutt, New Zealand, is daughter of Edward Crook & Margaret English East. Public - John Douglas - Other relative - 18 January 2016 - Family Information
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
Roll of Honour
Remember Mabel Crook by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1914-1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force, Volume I. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
Page No: 163 AWMM
- Service Women Project: Sponsorship to research this record was kindly provided by the Auckland Returned Services Association, Returned Servicewomen's Branch; Marjorie Traill, Dorothy Grant, Daphne Shaw and Margaret Woollett. AWMM
- McNabb, S. (2015). 100 years New Zealand military nursing : New Zealand Army nursing service : Royal New Zealand Nursing Corps, 1915-2015. Hawke's Bay, N.Z.: Sherayl McNabb. AWMM
|18 January 2016||John Douglas||Auckland, New Zealand||Other relative||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.