Frank Harry AWMM
Also known as
Bomber Brown AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
Frank Brown was the son of Mr George and Mrs Brida Marina Brown and step-son of Nellie Green; husband of Valerie Elsie Brown, of Herne Bay, Auckland.
Attended Otahuhu District and Technical High Schools. Was keen on rugby.
Married Valerie Elsie Brown on 10 May 1944.
Sent to Pacific area to relieve 30 Squadron.
Promoted to Sergeant, August 1943. AWMM
- Bourail Memorial, Bourail New Zealand War Cemetery, New Caledonia AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 2 Hall of Memories AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Frank Harry Brown by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Frank Harry Brown
- Auckland Museum. Roll of Honour, Auckland Province, 1939 - 1945. Auckland War Memorial Museum Library. MS 93/139. AWMM
- The Weekly News AWMM
The Weekly News 1944 AWMM
- Martyn, E. (1998-2008). For Your Tomorrow (Vols. 1-3). Christchurch, N.Z.: Volplane Press. AWMM
Vol. 3 p. 107; vol. 2 p. 230-1 AWMM
- The New Zealand Herald AWMM
Death notice: June 1944 AWMM
- This record is a work in progress and was partially compiled from the “Database of New Zealand Airmen who took part in Advanced Air Training in Canada during WW2”. Researched by Ivan and Lorna Lindsey of Tauranga. N.Z. 2003 – 2012. Reproduced with permission. AWMM
|27 December 2019||Kelvin||Norfolk, England||Researcher||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.