Leonard Logan AWMM
Also known as
22 October 1914 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Pre 24 July 1940 AWMM Miranda, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs Amelia Jury (mother), 479 Parnell Road, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 6 January 1941 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Complexion, Unknown Period AWMM
- Eye colour, Unknown Period AWMM
- Hair colour, Unknown Period AWMM
Light brown AWMM
- Height, Unknown Period AWMM
5 feet 10 inches AWMM
- Weight, Unknown Period AWMM
12 stone 6 pounds AWMM
- Hospital Diseases , Wounds, WWII AWMM
Pleurisy, bronchitis and appendicitis - Marched in to Military Hospital, Suva 4 March 1941 - discharged 10 March 1941 AWMM
- Killed in Action, Cause of Death AWMM
Leonard Perry was the son of John Thomas Perry and Amelia Perry, of Auckland City, New Zealand.
Last employer in NZ - J.T. Perry.
Promoted in rank to Temporary Lance Corporal from 11 February 1941. Reduced in rank to Sapper 14 October 1941 in Egypt after N.Q. 2NZEF School of Instruction Course.
Date of Burial (orig. Miteiriya Ridge) 24 October 1942. Burial by his own unit. AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Leonard Logan Perry by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Leonard Logan Perry
- Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force. (1941). Nominal Roll Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force No. 3 (Embarkations from 1st July, 1940 to 31st March, 1941). Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
WW2 3: WW2 375 AWMM
- Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force. (1941). Nominal Roll Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force No. 4 (Embarkations from 1st April, 1941 to 30 June, 1941). Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
WW2 4: WW2 280 AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.