James Edward AWMM
Also known as
Vietnam 2112168 AWMM
17 April 1947 AWMM AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Vietnam Unknown AWMM 38 Sainsbury Road, Mt Albert, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Height, Unknown Period AWMM
5 feet 10 inches AWMM
- Killed in Action, Cause of Death AWMM
Ground casualty, other explosive device AWMM
- Son of Albert Edward Lott who was a US citizen and Joan Linda Hannken who was a NZ citizen
Attended Mt Albert primary, Kowhai Intermediate and Mt Albert Grammar schools.
Served with the US Marines for 2 years. Jim's brother Garry also served in the US Marines.
Ashes buried at St Lukes Church, Mt Albert, Auckland
Cenotaph database record compiled from information from the memorial plaque and the newspaper clipping AWMM
- Jim has a Placque beside a TiToki Tree at St.Lukes Anglican Church. His Ashes were Scattered over the Veterans Cemetary at Waikumete. Public - Garry Roy - Sibling - 24 April 2016 - I am Jims Brother ^ Served in Vietnam at the Time of his Death, & returned to NZ with is Body.
- Vietnams Veteran Memorial Wall, United States AWMM
- Memorial tree, St Luke's Anglican Church, near the corner of St Luke's and New North Roads, Mt Albert, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember James Edward Lott by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
James Edward Lott
I never got to meet my great uncle.
Public - Jayden Gavin - Other relative - 8 December 2017
I have heard about Jim over the years from my grandfather Gary.
He will always be at peace and be in the hearts of our family.
I was with Jim in Chu Lai & Left the Morning of the Day he was Killed to return to my Base at Dong Ha, Further North.
I will never Forget you Bro.
Public - Garry Roy - Sibling - 24 April 2016
- Subritsky, M. (Ed). (1995). The Vietnam scrapbook: The second ANZAC adventure. Papakura, N.Z.: Three Feathers Publishing Co. AWMM
Subritsky, M. (Compiler). (1995). p. 142 AWMM
- Information kindly provided by family AWMM
|08 December 2017||Jayden Gavin||Auckland, New Zealand||Other relative||
|24 April 2016||Garry Roy ||Auckland New Zealand||Sibling||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.