Also known as
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs E. Burdett (wife), Shoal Bay Road, Devonport, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 21 August 1916 AWMM Married AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Killed in Action, Cause of Death AWMM
- Height, WWI AWMM
5' 5.5" AWMM
- Weight, WWI AWMM
131 lb AWMM
William Burdett was the husband of Mrs. E. Burdett, of Shoal Bay Rd., Devonport, Auckland, New Zealand.
Embarked Wellington, 21 August 1916; disembarked Devonport, England, 24 October 1916; marched in to Sling Camp, 25 October 1916.
Proceeded overseas to France, 15 November 1916; joined 1st Bn, Auckland Infantry Regiment, in the field, 7 December 1916.
Detached to Brigade School, 10 December 1917; rejoined Bn, 25 February 1917.
On leave to United Kingdom, 21 March 1918; rejoined Bn, in the field, 24 March 1916.
Killed in action, 3 April 1918. AWMM
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
- Grevillers (New Zealand) Memorial, Grevillers British Cemetery, Pas-de-Calais, France AWMM
- Devonport War Memorial, Devonport, Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember William Burdett by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1917). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force Volume II. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
38: 10 AWMM
- NZEF Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra AWMM
- Stowers, R. (2009). Rough riders at war : history of New Zealand's involvement in the Anglo-Boer War 1899-1902 and information on all members of the 10 New Zealand contingents. Hamilton, N.Z.: R. Stowers. AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.