19 August 1890 Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra Kapuni
, Taranaki Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra
Date of birth
Place of birth
Address before enlistment
Pre 13 August 1914 AWMM Manaia, Taranaki, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
Mrs Gladys Hobday (sister), PO Box 15, Manaia, Taranaki, New Zealand AWMM
Pre 16 October 1914 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Height, Unknown Period AWMM
5 foot 6 inches AWMM
- Weight, Unknown Period AWMM
139 pounds AWMM
- Eye colour, Unknown Period AWMM
Light brown AWMM
- Hair colour, Unknown Period AWMM
Light brown AWMM
- Died of wounds, Cause of Death AWMM
- Weight, WWI AWMM
139 lb AWMM
Son of the late Frank Malbon Allison and Margaret Allison, of Manaia, New Zealand.
Embarked Egypt for Gallipoli, 9 May 1915.
Appointed Acting Squadron Quatermaster Sergeant, Mudros, 10 August 1915; Acting Brigade Quartermaster Sergeant, 14 September 1915.
Promoted 2nd Lieutenant, Anzac Cove, Gallipoli, 21 October 1915.
Disembarked Alexandria from Mudros, 26 December 1915 (general Gallipoli evacuation).
Left for Canal Zone, 23 January 1916.
Detached to Anzac Headquarters, El Arish, 2 February 1917; rejoined unit from detachment, 6 March 1917.
Promoted Lieutenant, in the field, 21 April 1917.
Attended 1st Topographical Course A, Imperial School of Instruction, Egypt, and passed, 75%, 2 July 1917.
Wounded in action, 6 December 1917 (shrapnel wound), and admitted to NZ Mounted Field Ambulance; died of wounds, Anzac Rec. Station, Ramleh, 9 December 1917.
Parents: the late Frank Malbon Allison and Margaret Allison, Manaia AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Cecil Howarth Malbon Allison by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
Cecil Howarth Malbon Allison
- Auckland Weekly News AWMM
Auckland Weekly News, 1918 AWMM
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1914-1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force, Volume I. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
Vol1: 11 AWMM
- NZEF Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra AWMM
- Beattie, P.J. & Pomeroy, M. (2013-2015). Onward : portraits of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force (vols 1-3). Auckland, New Zealand: Fair Dinkum Publications AWMM
Vol. 1: Includes portrait AWMM
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.