Also known as
WWI 12/526 AWMM
Date of birth
Place of birth
- Sheffield Tasmania for sure.
Robert; what letter, can we see it? Public - Keith - Researcher - 30 June 2017 - War record file, NZ BDM records, Net info and Tasmanian Newspapers.
- Sheffield TASMANIA(?) Public - Robert - Researcher - 30 April 2017 - Oral/ family/ guess work
Period family letter
( totaly unsure)..
- Mum die, Rachael Cameron Public - Robert - Researcher - 30 April 2017 - Mum die, brought up by auns(?). Pet / child name ( Harry)stuck.. Real name Alan Hugh Cameron (?)..
- Robert is correct, real name is Alan Hugh. Had other brothers in the war in NZEF. Public - Keith - Researcher - 30 June 2017 - War record file, NZ BDM records, Net info and Tasmanian Newspapers.
Address before enlistment
Unknown AWMM Maungaturoto, North Auckland, New Zealand AWMM
Post war occupation
Next of kin on embarkation
- E.C.A. Cameron (father), Normanby Road, Mount Eden, New Zealand AWMM
- Father was Donald Cameron. (E.C.A. was someone else.) Public - Keith - Researcher - 30 June 2017 - War record file, NZ BDM records, Net info and Tasmanian Newspapers.
Pre 16 October 1914 AWMM Single AWMM
POW liberation details
POW serial number
- Killed in Action, Cause of Death AWMM
- Height, WWI AWMM
5' 9.25" AWMM
- Weight, WWI AWMM
154 lb AWMM
- Son of Mr. and Mrs. Donald Cameron, of Auckland.
Killed in action, 8 May 1915 ('Shot through the abdomen in a bayonet charge.')
Parents: Mr & Mrs Donald Cameron, Auckland AWMM
- Photograph attached does not correspond with Auckland Star June 22 1915 photo of Harry Cameron. Public - Keith - Researcher - 30 June 2017 - Papers Past
Date of death
Age at death
Place of death
Cause of death
- Twelve Tree Copse (New Zealand) Memorial, Twelve Tree Copse Cemetery, Helles, Turkey AWMM
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, World War 1 Hall of Memories AWMM
Roll of Honour
Remember Harry Cameron by laying a poppy.
Leave a note
Leave a tribute or memory of
- New Zealand Army Expeditionary Force. (1914-1919). Nominal Rolls of New Zealand Expeditionary Force, Volume I. Wellington, N.Z.: Govt. Printer. AWMM
Page No: 104 AWMM
- NZEF Peter Dennis, UNSW Canberra AWMM
|30 June 2017||Keith||Waipu||Researcher||
|30 April 2017||Robert||Deloraine||Researcher||
The development of the Online Cenotaph is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.